2FA stands for 2-factor authentication and essentially means that a unique one time pin will be generated for you every time you log into your OVEX account. This does add some friction to the login process but is well worth it for the increased security benefit.
To enable 2FA on your account please follow the below steps:
- Log into your OVEX account at www.ovex.io
- Download the Google Authenticator app or your favorite authentication app
- You will see an 'Enable 2FA' button highlighted in the image
- click the button and you will see a QR code pop up.
- If you are using desktop you can now scan this QR code with your authenticator app. If you are on mobile please copy the displayed code and manually paste it into your authenticator app.
- Your authenticator app will no display an OTP (if you are using OVEX on the mobile copy the OTP by simply taping it). Enter the OTP into the textbox displayed under the QR code and click submit.
- Congratulations you have not enabled 2FA and have a vastly more secure account.
Please note that you will need to enter the code generated by your authenticator app every time you log in from now on.